Careers In Sales
Careers in Sales at SWROur People Matter
SWR’s business culture will ensure personal development of all employees is prioritised whilst working together to improve performance and meeting companies current and future objectives. We will provide an environment that challenges staff positively without “limiting” potential and providing the appropriate levels of leadership, support and guidance.
Below is a list of our current priority postions, but we are always interested to hear from people who feel they can help us meet our company goals. For all applications. please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
International Business Development Manager
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Based On Experience
Reporting to SWR's head of sales, this is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant, agile and dynamic sales team in a successful Hemel Hempstead based company. Established in 1989 SWR Group is a Silver Investors in People Award winning company, whose values place customers and employees at the heart of the business. With an emphasis on quality and service, SWR are two years into a strategic vision to double business turnover by 2020.
As International Business Development Manager, your role is to identify, develop and secure profitable sales and key accounts with customers for specialised steel wire rope and assemblies, and for lifting solutions. Using identified prospects to implement a company strategic intention to grow International Sales to ￡1 million by 2020, the chosen candidate will possess previous experience in international business development, with relevant Industry experience and knowledge preferred.
This role requires an individual with a tenacious, results driven and self-motivating approach to their day as well as excellent customer skills and a willingness to learn. The role also involves collaborating with our sales, marketing and supply chain teams to achieve sales targets and develop new opportunities.
- Research, Identify and qualify International leads using new or previous contacts within the industry
- Establish key relationships with overseas accounts to support the company strategic aim of achieving ￡1M International Sales by 2020
- Arrange meetings and visiting potential customers and key accounts within the main markets of interest
- Reporting to the Sales Manager with updates on new, current and potential sales opportunities
- Maintain a weighted forecast of potential sales
- Use of lead generation software such as Linked-In and Kompass to research leads
- Monitoring International website traffic to identify opportunities
- Liaising with the Marketing team on marketing strategy and plans, including website content and online marketing such as Ad-Words
- Attending relevant trade shows and exhibitions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Industry knowledge preferred
- Minimum 3 years track record of profitable sales growth in International Business Development
- Excellent written, verbal, numeracy and communication skills
- At least one foreign language and familiarity with other cultures
- Confident software user, including MS Office suite , CRM, SAGE 200 and analytics and Lead generation tools such as Linked-In and Kompass
- Ability to engage with technical products
- Inquisitive and positive nature
- Presenting data, information and trends
Targets & Salary:
- Salary will be based on previous experience and track record, with a performance related incentive programme. SWR operates a profit share scheme
Main Markets Of Interest:
- Crane, Port Handling & Industrial
- Defence Industry
- Oil, Gas & Subsea
- Rock & Stone Cutting
- Structural Architecture & Rigging
- Fall arrest, Height Protection & Lifting Equipment industries
- Adventure Courses, Zip Lines & High Ropes Courses
- Gym Equipment
- Various other Steel Wire Rope and Lifting Equipment sectors
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Dependent On Experience
We are experiencing positive growth throughout our business and require an enthusiastic new team member to join our Customer Service / Technical Sales team in our wire rope department and our balustrade department. Your focus will be on dealing with incoming enquiries, ensuring that our customers receive a high level of service at all times.
- Provide technical advice, specify products and provide outstanding customer service.
- Prepare customer quotations.
- Maximise sales opportunities wherever possible.
- Process customer orders, accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure our CRM database is updated as required.
- Pro-actively develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Provide showroom support for visiting customers.
- Pro-actively assist in developing the department and products offered.
- Undertake any other reasonable task requested.
- Communicate effectively to a high standard with internal departments / colleagues.
To carry out the role to the level required, we expect a range of general skills we consider essential. Such as,
- Good customer service, sales and communication skills.
- Numerate and literate.
- Desire to learn the technical characteristics of the company’s products and services.
- Confident and determined approach.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
GET IN TOUCH
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURES
GO TO DOWNLOADS
TELL US ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
SEND ENQUIRY NOW
GIVE US A CALL
CALL +44 (0)1442 353005